American Art Prints, Printmaking
with an emphasis on representational
Books on Printmaking
- Berkoff, Marshall R. , ed. Currier & Ives: The
New Best Fifty, American Historical Print Collectors Society, 1991
- Braun, Robert, Identifying Audubon Bird Prints: Originals,
States, Editions, Restrikes, and Facsimiles and Reproductions. American
Historical Print Collectors Society, 2001.
- Braun, Robert and Nancy, An Audubon Concordance: Migration
Through the Plate Numbers. American Historical Print Collectors Society,
- Brown, Jay, Collectors Guide to Early Twentieth Century
American Prints, Collector Books; ISBN: 1574320343, Paperback - 224
pages (August 1998)
- Cahn, Joshua Binion, ed. What is an Original Print?
Principles Recommended by the Print Council of America. New York: Print
Council of America, 1964.
- Carl, William P.,Currier, William T: Currier's Price
Guide to American and European Prints at Auction: Current Price Ranges
on the Original Prints of over 2600 American and European Artists,
Currier Pubns, ISBN: 0935277196, Paperback 3rd/Rev edition (March 1995)
- Currier & Ives: A Catalogue Raisonné: A
Comprehensive Catalogue of the Lithographs of Nathaniel Currier, James
Merrit Ives, and Charles Currier, including Ephemera Associated with the
Firm, 1834-1907. Detroit: Gale Research Company,
- Gascoigne, Bamber: How to Identify Prints : A Complete
Guide to Manual and Mechanical Processes from Woodcut to Ink Jet, Hames
& Hudson; ISBN: 050023454X, Hardcover, (September 1995)
- Complete Guide to Art Prints: How to Identify, Invest
& Care for Your Collection, The, Krause
Publications; ISBN: 0873417046, Paperback - 160 pages Limited edition (February
- Gleeson, Janet: Miller's Collecting Prints & Posters,
Antique Collectors Club; ISBN: 1857327268, Hardcover - 160 pages (November
- Griffiths, Antony. Prints and Printmaking: An Introduction
to the History and Techniques. London: British Museum, 1980.
- Kiehl, David, American art posters of the 1890s in
the Metropolitan Museum of Art, including the Leonard A. Lauder collection;
essays by Phillip Dennis Cate, Nancy Finlay, and David W. Kiehl. New York
: Metropolitan Museum of Art : Distributed by Abrams, c1987.
- Lane, Christopher W., Cresswell, Donald H., Cades, Carolyn,
Genga, Richard: A Guide To Collecting Antique Historical Prints, Philadelphia
Print Shop Ltd; ISBN: 0963692429, Paperback - 46 pages 0 edition (September
- Lang, Gladys Engel, Lang, Kurt,, Etched in Memory,
published by University of Illinois Press on November 1, 2001. Contains
several pages describing printmaking techniques with a focus on etching
- Nadeau, Luis. Encyclopedia of Printing, Photographic
and Photomechanical Processes. Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada:
- Riggs, Timothy. The Print Council Index to Oeuvre-Catalogues
of Prints by European and American Artists. Millwood, N.Y.: Kraus International
Publications, 1983. (For an updated online version see www.printcouncil.org
- Ross, John, and Clare Romano. The Complete Screenprint
and Lithograph: The Art and Technique of the Screen Print, the Lithograph,
Photographic Techniques, Care of Prints, the Dealer and the Edition, Collecting
Prints, Print Workshop, Sources and Charts. New York: Free Press, 1974.
- Stauffer, David McNeely, and Mantle Fielding. American
Engravers upon Copper and Steel. New Castle, Del.: Oak Knoll Books,
- Steiner, Bill. Audubon Art Prints: A Collector's Guide
to Every Edition. Columbia, S.C.: University of South Carolina Press,
- Turner, Silvie. Print Collecting. New York: Lyons
& Burford, 1996.
- Watrous, James. American Printmaking: A Century of
American Printmaking, 18801980. Madison: University of Wisconsin,
- Wood, James Playsted, Magazines in the United States.
New York, The Ronald Press Company, 1949.
Return to American
art printmaking, printmakers and reproductions
Copyright 2004-2014 Traditional Fine Arts Organization, Inc., an Arizona nonprofit corporation. All rights