Art History of Each State within the United States of America
with an emphasis on representational art
Would you like to earn money for an art museum of your choice?
1. Choose an available state from the states list shown below.
2. Send an email to TFAO at stating the state you wish to research.
3. TFAO will let you know if the state is available. If available, TFAO will assign the state to you and place your name next to the state's name.
4. For your assigned state find the name, title, street address and email address of each person to which you will send an inquiry as described in this step and further in step 5. The email address must be that of an individual, not of a title or department name. For example Jim_Smith@artmuseum.org is ok. Librarian@artmuseum.org isn't ok.
5. Send an email to only one person for each museum listed under the heading "Museums and other non-profit sources of Resource Library articles and essays:" on TFAO's page for the individual state. If there is a named librarian, send an inquiry email to that person. If there is no named librarian, send the email to the executive director of the museum.
For each inquiry email include a cc to
6. The text of the email must read as follows:
8. After you have sent letters to individuals at all of the listed museums, repeat the above steps for the state's historical association.
7. For each letter sent by you for which TFAO receives an email cc copy, TFAO's director will send within two weeks a follow up email to the email address of each person you contacted. TFAO's email will either thank the addressee for information they sent to TFAO at your request or ask them once again for their help.
8. TFAO will then add up all of its follow up letters that don't bounce back with invalid addresses. For each valid email address, TFAO will give to the art museum of your choice $1.00. Once 20 valid email addresses are accumulated as a result of your efforts, a $20 check will be made out to the museum of your choice and sent by US mail to your street address so that you may forward the check to the museum.
For some states there will be less than 20 persons available for contact. If that's the case, choose another individual state to bundle with your first choice so that there will be over 20 persons available for contact.
List of states and assignments:
Project commenced April 11, 2012 and ended December, 2012.
Return to Art History of Each State within the United States of America site guide
Links to sources of information outside of our web site are provided only as referrals for your further consideration. Please use due diligence in judging the quality of information contained in these and all other web sites. Information from linked sources may be inaccurate or out of date. TFAO neither recommends or endorses these referenced organizations. Although TFAO includes links to other web sites, it takes no responsibility for the content or information contained on those other sites, nor exerts any editorial or other control over them. For more information on evaluating web pages see TFAO's General Resources section in Online Resources for Collectors and Students of Art History.
Copyright 2009-2012 Traditional Fine Arts Organization, Inc., an Arizona nonprofit corporation. All rights reserved.